Two of my favorite things together are dark chocolate and cherries. One of my kids' and husband's favorite treats is oatmeal cookies. So I thought I should put the two together and get the perfect treat for our family. While the littlest one napped this afternoon my two biggest girls and I did just that! And the results were delicious!
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup non-dairy margarine softened ( I used Earth Balance)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
3/4 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.In a mixing bowl with electric mixer combine sugar, brown sugar, and butter and mix well.
3. Add egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix on medium speed.
4. By hand mix in oatmeal, cherries, and chocolate so that it is mixed well.
5. Loosely form dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. I use parchment paper to prevent sticking.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
7. Let cool on sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Oh those do look really yummy! I use Smart Balance butter spread because it contains a high amount of Omega 3's. I have seen Earth Balance butter spread in the stores and wonder how it compares in taste to Smart Balance - will have to give it a try.ReplyDelete