There is no better way to spend a dreary, rainy evening than baking cookies with my girls. They decided they wanted oatmeal craisin cookies tonight- something a little different than the regular oatmeal cookie.
I happened across a recipe online for oatmeal craisin cookies. I was looking for one with not quite as much butter and sugar- most call for a cup or more of butter and 2 cups of sugar! This recipe I found called only for 1/2 cup of butter (I used dairy free margarine) and less sugar then normal. I adapted it to fit our needs and I think it worked out perfectly. We had so much fun making these!
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup dairy free margarine- softened
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground flax seed meal ( not pictured)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups quick cooking oats- I used Trader Joes Organic oats
3/4 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
I put all the ingredients out in separate bowls so the girls could pour them into the bowl easily.
1.Preheat the oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.In large mixing bowl- I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, you can use a hand held mixer also- combine margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix well on medium speed.
3. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well until combined.
4. Add in cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and flour. If desired add in ground flax seed meal. Mix well until all ingredients are wet.
5. Add the oatmeal and craisins- fold in by hand with a large spatula or wooden spoon.
6. Drop rounded Tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden. Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.
Adapted from a recipe on food.com
Post a Comment