Last summer my friend Rochelle made this dish and brought it to our house for dinner. It was stir fry- pretty simple- but so very different than any I had ever had. And so unbelievably good! She made it again a week before she moved back to S.A. and had us over for dinner and a movie. When she made it she took pictures for me, and gave me the recipe so I could share it on my blog.
So I will share it now, and if you make it let me know what you think!
Thanks Rochelle, for all the fabulous new recipes and your influence on my cooking!
All seasonings are to taste- there are no measurements. Make enough marinade to cover the meat. Use about a pound of each meats.
chicken - all 3 cut into strips
Mrs. Balls Original Recipe Chutney
Sweet Chili Sauce
Sweet and Sour Sauce
coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage)
broccoli slaw mix (optional)
bacon bits (If desired)
1. Cut meat into strips. Marinate in soy sauce, Mrs. Balls Chutney, olive oil, sweet chili sauce, and minces garlic for a few hours. (In the fridge)
2. Fry coleslaw mix, carrots, broccoli slaw, onions, peppers, and minced garlic in a little olive oil. Add a little soy sauce while frying. Can also add the mushroom and bacon bits at this time if desired.
3. Remove veggies from pan. Fry the meat in the same pan in the marinade.
4. Meanwhile, boil Chinese noodles, drain, and set aside.
5. Add veggies to the meat and add some sweet and sour sauce.
6.Combine noodles with meat and veggie mixture and heat through.
Serve with a nice wine.