- 2 Tablespoons Mango Butter (found at Trader Joes)
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (although I sometimes omit this)
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Chicken Breasts or 6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs
1. Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Pour about half of it over the chicken and let sit for a few minutes- until it becomes room temperature. Use the other half of the sauce as a dip for the chicken.
3. Cook in a skillet, either cast iron or non-stick, over medium heat until done all the way through.
I deviated a bit from the recipe this time based on what I had on hand. I used bone in thighs and baked them at 375F for about an hour first. When they were done but not browned, I removed them from the oven and finished them on my stove top grill pan. I brushed each thigh on both sides with the sauce and let them cook on medium heat until they were browned. They weren't quite as spicy this way since they weren't marinated in the sauce but that worked out for the kids. Plus I had perfectly baked chicken on the inside with a spicy crispy outside. (Crispy but not burnt- that's the key.)
Doesn't it look like there is mac and cheese on my plate? That's because there is! That recipe is for another post:-)
We also served these with the edamame and corn frozen veggie mix from Trader Joes. It was a total kid win-even the picky toddler.
Thanks Beth for yet another great recipe!
What the heck is Sriracha?ReplyDelete
oh i'm sure this is fabulous! i love that mango butter and my husband adores sriracha. yum!ReplyDelete
Thanks Steph!! Those chicken thighs look ridiculously amazing. OMG. I will have to try it this way too. Hope all is well... freezing here brrrrr!!ReplyDelete
Thanks to my father who shared with me on the topic of thisReplyDelete
blog, this weblog is in fact awesome.
my web page > www.khushkhabari.com