1.Post these rules.
2.You must post 11 random things about yourself
3.Answer the questions the person who tagged you set for you in their post.
4.Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
6.No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I cannot read if there is any noise- it has to be completely silent. I used to be able to read in the middle of a bus station at rush hour, but ever since having kids I can't. I also can't read in a moving vehicle anymore.
2. I am a huge One Tree Hill fan. So much so that I took a road trip with some good friends to Wilmington one Valentine's weekend. We spent 3 days visiting all of the filming locations for the show. It was the most fun road trip I have ever taken.
|My friend and I at the Rivercourt|
|Studio where they film OTH|
3. I cannot stand reality tv. Except Dance Moms. I do love Dance Moms. (And yes, I realize that is twisted.)
4.I used to be a Band Geek.I played the French Horn for 9 years and the Mellophone in marching band for 4 years. I also marched in President Clinton's 1st Inaugural Parade.
5. I love going to the beach- I'd live there if I could! But I won't go more than waist deep in the water if I can't see my feet.
6. I love scary movies but I cannot watch them in the theater. I have to watch them at home on my sofa, in the dark, with my favorite afghan and a pillow. Also, I have specific scary movie food- Sour Patch Kids. It's the only time I eat them.
7. My favorite book is "Little Women" by Lousia May Alcott- I have at least 4 copies of it and I have read it more times than I can count.
8. I have a B.A. in History and my favorite areas of study are the American Revolution and the Civil War. In fact, I used to be a National Park Ranger and Historical Interpreter a Manassas Nat'l Battlefield.
|Me in my uniform for work, standing next to my Mustang. This was taken 12 years ago.|
9. One of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence for the State of New Hampshire.
|My Ancestor's plaque in Philadelphia.|
10.I am a HUGE Boston Red Sox Fan. HUGE. My husband is too. Before we got married my husband promised to take me to Fenway Park for a game since I had never been there. We've been to several games in Baltimore, but I had never made it to Fenway. A few years ago he made my dream come true and took me to an ALCS game. It was amazing! I can't wait until we take the girls to a game there.
11. I love Yoga, but I have yet to find a place to take classes where I live.
Jessica's 11 questions for me to answer:1.Why did you start blogging?
~My husband actually gave me the idea to start a blog. Since I struggled so much with the change to a dairy free lifestyle, he said that I should blog about what I cook and find in order to share with others who are going through the same struggle.
2,What's one food you could NEVER live without?
~I'd have to say tomatoes. I absolutely love tomatoes, especially ones fresh from the garden.
3.What's your biggest fear?
~ With our second daughter we went through the nightmare of almost losing her when she was just a couple days old. I never ever want to feel that fear again for the rest of my life.
4.Name 3 things always in your purse:
~Other than my wallet-hand sanitizer, lip gloss, and a pen.
~Any that my daughters pick and bring to me. :-) Other than that I really do love all flowers and don't have a particular favorite.
6.Favorite Ethnic Food.
~I love good Asian food. Especially Pho, Pad Thai, and Sushi. But it has to be good, not greasy nasty takeout. I won't eat that. I'd rather starve.
7. 3 Bloggers you would love to meet in person: . Just 3? There are so many I'd love to meet! But here's my short list:
~Jessica at Dairy Free Betty because she has been so very helpful and kind to me through my new blogging adventure.
~Amanda at AmandairyFree because she has so many great ideas.
~ScaryMommy- because her blog usually cracks me up. I am sure we could share some pretty good "Mommy War Stories"
8.Something we would never know about you:
~I hate roller coasters. I have not ridden one since I was 7years old. The only person who has never tried to get me to ride one is my husband, even though he loves them. I wish I could ride them, I just can't.
9.If you could spend 1 month anywhere where would it be?
~South Africa. We have very good friends that live there and I would give anything to spend a month with them.
10.If you could name a nail polish color what color would it be, and what would you name it?
~This is a tough one! Probably a light blue and call it Starry Night.
11.Favorite recipe you have found on someone else's blog:
~ There are so many great bloggers but probably Asian Noodle Soup by EatLiveRun. It's awesome and I have already made it several times in the past month.
The 11 Bloggers I have picked:
11 questions for you to answer:
1. What is your all time favorite cartoon?
2.What did you want to be when you grew up?
3.What is one house hold item you could not live without?
4.What is your least favorite (or most hated) food?
5. What is you favorite sports team?
6.Are you a Dog or Cat person?
7. Do you have a favorite quote?
8. What do you never leave home without?
9.Harry Potter or Twilight? (Or neither?)
10. Do you have a pet peeve? If so, what is it?
11. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, famous or not, who would it be?